Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting). Moist, rich vegan carrot cake with a wholesome flavor and gorgeous color. Topped with lemon buttercream frosting and crushed walnuts. This easy vegan carrot cake is everything you'd want.
Stir for a minute until the flax begins to absorb the water, and the mixture slightly thickens. Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved, then add the currants, carrots, and almonds. Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe Tips Grate your carrots finely. You can have Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting)
- Prepare of Cake:.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of flour (Half spelt, half all-purpose flour).
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (melted) coconut or canola oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated carrots, medium-packed.
- It’s of Frosting:.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw macadamia nuts (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Finely grated carrots meld seamlessly into the cake, while larger pieces create a chunkier, less uniform texture. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This super easy vegan carrot cake is made with cinnamon applesauce to keep it nice and moist, which means that you don't need an egg-replacer or an egg substitute at all. Vegan carrot cake ingredients Making a traditional carrot cake egg-free and dairy-free is relatively straightforward. Prepare your cake pans by rubbing them with oil and then dusting a little flour on the oil. HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CARROT CAKE (full ingredient amounts in recipe card below) Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and then whisk in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil..
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients..
- Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting..
- Make the frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth for 1 to 2 minutes or more, scraping down the sides occasionally. You can add an extra tablespoon of milk if necessary to get your blade moving..
- Chill frosting for at least 30 minutes before spreading on the cake..
- Store frosted cake in the fridge..
Combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium mixing bowl. Vegan Carrot Cake Carrots make cakes so wonderfully moist. And the same is definitely true for this dairy-free carrot cake. The base of the cake is coconut oil, applesauce, flax eggs, maple syrup, and almond milk. Organic brown sugar and cane sugar add the perfect amount of sweetness while … Perfectly moist and studded with raisins, this vegan carrot cake is sweetened with dates and banana and gets its rich flavor from cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla.