Healthy muffins. We've pulled together some of our most popular muffin recipes (that are also kid-friendly) so you can make something everyone will love. Carrot & Banana Muffins If you thought it was impossible to eat muffins on a diet, you would be wrong. While most are loaded with sugar, a few easy tweaks can make them much more diet friendly.
Dash for the door with a satiated and satisfied stomach by whipping up one of these wholesome muffin recipes that give traditional sugar-laden versions a run for their money. You'll be equipped with the nutrients and energy required to power through the day. Bonus: each one boasts a unique flavour profile, so you can rotate between the recipes to keep breakfast healthy (and drool-worthy) in. You can cook Healthy muffins using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy muffins
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of oats flour.
- You need 0.5 cup of jaggery.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s of Small piece of butter.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Cardamom seeds.
- You need of Raisins and cashews.
- You need of Mashed bananas.
- It’s of Strawberry for topping.
- It’s 0.5 tbsp of tsp coco powder.
Banana bread can be a total sugar and calorie bomb—hardly a wholesome breakfast or snack. These banana bread muffins are a deliciously healthy alternative. For an extra punch of protein, top these reasonably sized muffins with a smear of nut butter. (We're obsessed with these single-serving packets of nut butter !) The pure pumpkin puree in these muffins adds a healthy dose of beta-carotene. As a bonus, the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves will fill your kitchen with the aroma of steeping.
Healthy muffins instructions
- In a bowl mix yogurt, vanilla extract. Sieve wheat flour, oats flour, baking powder, pinch salt and baking soda to the same bowl..
- Mix well and add jaggery, oil to it. Mix until no lumps found..
- Now preheat oven at 350F.
- Now take a portion of batter and add half of bananas, raisins, cardamom and pour to muffin pan. Add strawberry on top.
- Now mix cocoa powder to other portion of batter. Add more jaggery/sugar based on your taste. Mix it with banana, raisins and cardamom..
- Pour it to muffin pan. Add strawberry as a topping.
- Now place the muffin pan in oven and bake it for 25 minutes..
- Once prepared let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove it and serve hot.
Use our classic healthy muffins base and use a cup of applesauce for a slightly sweet and super moist addition. From there, make our cranberry orange muffins OR apple cinnamon muffins. This rhubarb streusel muffins recipe is based on a coffee cake recipe. —Sandra Moreside, Regina, Saskatchewan. Whole wheat flour gives nutritious flair to these healthy blueberry muffins. Fresh from the oven, they'll warm you up on cold, winter days.