Whole wheat banana bread. In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. This moist, tender, richly flavored loaf features whole wheat flour, making this a super (and tasty!) way to increase your family's intake of healthy fiber. Using honey as some of the sweetener adds both moistness, and the merest hint of honey flavor.
Just like Healthy Banana Cake, this sweet and good-for-you Banana Bread recipe is the perfect Baked Good to use up over-ripe bananas. In this healthier banana bread recipe, swap butter with unsweetened applesauce, all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, and replace some of the refined sugar with honey. Here are a few great ways to adapt this One Bowl Whole Wheat Banana Bread: Stir in some mix-in's! You can have Whole wheat banana bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole wheat banana bread
- Prepare 4 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
My boys love miniature chocolate chips stirred into the batter. Fresh (or frozen) blueberries are also a nice addition (just like I used in these Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins). It depends on the depth of the pan. Here are my other Banana Recipes Add the banana, honey and eggs, beating until smooth.
Whole wheat banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- Mix flour, sugars, salt, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas into a purée as finely as possible.
- Mix wet ingredients (eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla) into its own mixture..
- Combine dry and wet mixtures and add to greased and lightly floured bread pan.
- Bake for 80 mins.
Add the flour and nuts, stirring until smooth. Can also be made with all-purpose flour. Whole wheat banana bread seems like such a boring first post, I know, but it's one of our favorites! Place ingredients into your bread machine in order specified by the manufacturer. Slice the bananas right into the pan with the liquid ingredients.