Coconut Carrot Cake. Stir in the pineapple, carrots and coconut (batter will be thick). Meanwhile, lightly coat cake pans with nonstick spray. In ungreased shallow pan, spread coconut.
I like to use coconut oil for even more coconut flavor and a touch of cinnamon to warm the cake up. The cinnamon is classic for carrot cake, but I also find it especially delicious when paired with the. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, blend the eggs, carrots, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. You can have Coconut Carrot Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Carrot Cake
- You need of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s of Powdered Sugar.
- You need of Powdered Coconut.
- Prepare of Powder coconut for garnish.
- Prepare of Grated Carrot (2 medium sizes).
- Prepare of Baking Soda or ENO.
- You need of Baking powder (1/2 + 1/4 tsp).
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Mix chocolate chips.
- You need of salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and thoroughly mix. Pour the batter into two greased. In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins. The best carrot cake in the world handed down from my mom!
Coconut Carrot Cake step by step
- Toss 1 tsp of wheat flour with chocolate chips and keep it aside. Dry roast coconut powder over medium heat on a nonstick for 5 minutes stirring continuously. When it turns into little brown switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool down completely before adding..
- Dry Ingredients: Shift whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt twice and keep it aside. Wet Ingredients: Now add milk, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth. Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, roasted coconut powder, grated carrot. Mix them well..
- Put batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of coconut powder, mix chocolate chips mix over cake and with help of spatula press gently. Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour..
- Tips: Adjust sugar according to your taste. Baking time may vary. If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk. If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes..
- Pressure Cooker Method: Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin..
- Important Notes: Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium..
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn (overbake) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand. No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker..
- How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker? Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter (Do not put water inside the pressure cooker). Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid..
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately. Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready..
Trish – Mom On Timeout says. Introducing the best carrot cake recipe, a moist spice cake loaded with carrots, pineapple, coconut and chopped nuts. Top this homemade cake with cream cheese frosting. Cake layers loaded with fresh pineapple, carrot and coconut are sandwiched between cream cheese frosting. Now if you need an indication of how good this cake is, my husband LOVED it and he hates carrots, pineapple and coconut.