Healthy muffins. We've pulled together some of our most popular muffin recipes (that are also kid-friendly) so you can make something everyone will love. Carrot & Banana Muffins If you thought it was impossible to eat muffins on a diet, you would be wrong. While most are loaded with sugar, a few easy tweaks can make them much more diet friendly.
Dash for the door with a satiated and satisfied stomach by whipping up one of these wholesome muffin recipes that give traditional sugar-laden versions a run for their money. You'll be equipped with the nutrients and energy required to power through the day. Bonus: each one boasts a unique flavour profile, so you can rotate between the recipes to keep breakfast healthy (and drool-worthy) in. You can have Healthy muffins using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy muffins
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of bananas.
- Prepare 1 cup of ground raw oatmeal.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped or ground almonds.
- You need pinch of ground cinnamon.
- It’s pinch of nutmeg.
- You need pinch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground flax or Chia seed.
- Prepare 1 1/8 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
Banana bread can be a total sugar and calorie bomb—hardly a wholesome breakfast or snack. These banana bread muffins are a deliciously healthy alternative. For an extra punch of protein, top these reasonably sized muffins with a smear of nut butter. (We're obsessed with these single-serving packets of nut butter !) The pure pumpkin puree in these muffins adds a healthy dose of beta-carotene. As a bonus, the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves will fill your kitchen with the aroma of steeping.
Healthy muffins step by step
- In food processor ground up flax oats almonds and bananas..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and do a quick mix to mix thoroughly..
- Spoon into greased muffin pan and bake on 425°f for 20 minutes..
Use our classic healthy muffins base and use a cup of applesauce for a slightly sweet and super moist addition. From there, make our cranberry orange muffins OR apple cinnamon muffins. This rhubarb streusel muffins recipe is based on a coffee cake recipe. —Sandra Moreside, Regina, Saskatchewan. Whole wheat flour gives nutritious flair to these healthy blueberry muffins. Fresh from the oven, they'll warm you up on cold, winter days.