Jamaican chicken soup. Authentic Jamaican Chicken and Dumping Soup / Grandma's Recipes + Stories of Growing Up in Jamaica. How to make Jamaican Chicken Foot Soup! #homemadechickensoupA very delicious one pot meal for the family!
In truth, Jamaican chicken soup is extremely easy to fix and makes the ideal quick meal even for large crowds. Each individual will tailor their chicken soup to their preference. No family makes the soup exactly the same, what I mean by this is the root vegetables that are. You can have Jamaican chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican chicken soup
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken on bone.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chicken powder.
- Prepare 1 of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of lump of butter.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet.
- You need 7 of white flesh sweet potatoes small.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pimento berries or all spice berries.
- You need Half of a medium pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 of medium cassava.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- You need 2 of corn on the cob.
- You need of Dumplings.
- Prepare 250 g of flour.
- You need of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe. Jamaican chicken and pumpkin soup is an excellent fall recipe. It encompasses that autumn feel and crosses those elements with flavors from the islands. Jamaican chicken soup is on the menu today!
Jamaican chicken soup instructions
- Peel and cube the pumpkin And remove the seeds. Place in boiled water until soft and remove from the water. Keep the water in the pot. Mash the soft pumpkin and place it back in the pot of water..
- Add the washed chicken pieces in to the pot, along with the thyme, spring onions, pimento beans or all spice berries (I used all spice). Poke a little hole in the scotch bonnet and add to the pot. You might want to remove the scotch bonnet after 20 mins to avoid it being too spicy. I kept mine in..
- Peel and cut the potatoes, Carrot, cassava and cut sweet corn. Rinse and then put these in the pot also. Also add the packet of grace chicken noodle soup mix..
- Whilst this is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix with a bit of water. It should start to form a dough. Add more flour if too sticky. Once the dough is less sticky, start to knead it and create little long sticks. Put these into the pot too..
- The potatoes and cassava pieces should now be soft. Add in the butter and chicken powder. Add additional seasoning to suit your tastes. I used butter, salt and chicken powder for mine and it was perfect..
- Enjoy! 😋😋😋.
Nothing beats this hearty chicken soup dish it is full of flavour and very filling that you won't need any sides. Fridays or Saturdays are Jamaicans soup days. Jamaican chicken soup, like many such foods, is born of location and a need to feed many hungry A good Jamaican chicken soup recipe focuses on making the best of available resources to create a. Beef soup, red peas soup, mannish water, fish tea, chicken foot soup; you name it we make it. So, I'm excited to share my Jamaican chicken soup recipe with you.