My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread. Mix bananas into batter with mixer on low until just combined. Add Vanilla Extract, nuts, & chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until just combined.
My nieces and nephews devoured this in no time at all. I will share this recipe with my friends. Add egg, oil, milk, sugar, and salt to the mashed bananas. You can cook My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cup of Self Rising Flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter (Not Margarine!!) Softened to room tempature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar, Packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs, Room Tempature.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sour Cream (or You can use vanilla or plain yogurt).
- Prepare 4 large of Bananas, Very Ripe.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (Optional).
- You need 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Growing up, there was never a lack of things to eat at my grandma's house. Grandma's Best Ever Banana Bread is my mother-in-law's famous recipe that's everything you want in a banana bread: moist, tender, delicious and slathered with a luscious cream cheese frosting. This is one of my favorite recipes for banana bread because it tastes exactly like the old school banana bread that my great grandmother use to make; super moist (without being soggy) on the inside, tons of banana flavor with that hint of cinnamon and vanilla and gorgeously golden on the outside. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – this is an easy banana bread recipe that's full of dark, melty chocolate chips!
My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat Oven to 325°F..
- Butter 2 loaf pans very well..
- Cream Butter.
- Add granulated sugar & beat well..
- Add brown sugar & mix well..
- Add both eggs & combine until sugars are no longer grainy. Mix maybe 3-4 minutes..
- Add Sour Cream & mix well..
- Add baking soda to flour & sift the flour mixture together..
- Add flour gradually to the butter mixture..
- Mash bananas with a fork, add to your batter. Mix bananas into batter with mixer on low until just combined..
- Add Vanilla Extract, nuts, & chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until just combined..
- Bake at 325F, for 60-75 minutes. It is done when You put a toothpick into center of bread & it comes out clean, or just a few crumbs on it..
- I hope You enjoy my Grandmother's Recipe..
Banana bread makes a great housewarming or Christmas gift and it's perfect for the Southern tradition of taking something to a family when a baby's been born or a loved one has passed. This is definitely my best banana bread recipe. Once you try this one, you will make it all the time. My only problem with this bread is that I cannot leave it alone and could eat a loaf by myself. This recipe was an experiment and it turned out to be our best one using bananas ever.