Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Invert the second layer on top of the frosted bottom layer so that the flat side (the bottom). Carrot cake just isn't carrot cake without the pairing of cream cheese frosting. This cream cheese frosting recipe is fool-proof, light and creamy, and compliments the cake flavors perfectly. You can have Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Prepare of For cake:.
- It’s of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s of brown Sugar.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- It’s of grated red winter Carrots.
- Prepare of vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It’s of chopped Walnuts.
- Prepare of For frosting.
- Prepare of Cream cheese.
- You need of powdered Sugar.
- It’s of Butter, softened.
Sometimes carrot cake can be dense and dull, but this carrot cake recipe makes the most moist, light and flavorful carrot cake, EVER. Cream cheese frosting is the absolute best frosting for carrot cake. The slight tang of cream cheese frosting compliments this spiced carrot cake perfectly. I like my cream cheese frosting to be heavy on the cream cheese and not overly sweet.
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting step by step
- For cake: Preheat oven to 180°C. In a mixing bowl, cream together oil and sugar..
- Add all the eggs and mix well..
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, and then add to wet mixture..
- Use a spatula and stir in the walnuts and carrots gently..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured 9″x13″ cake pan or two 7 inch round cake pans if you want to bake in layers..
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Use a toothpick and test the middle of the cake..
- Leave in pan and set on cooling rack to cool. Once the cake has cooled completely, ice with cream cheese frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting: Beat the cream cheese, sugar and butter together in a bowl until fluffy.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cake with a palette knife or spoon. Decorate cake with more chopped walnuts if desired..
The tangy cream cheese frosting is a perfect compliment! THE CAKE: This carrot cake recipe is based on these Mini Brown Sugar Pound Cakes I shared back in December. When I tried the dark brown sugar version, I knew instantly that it would be delicious as a base for carrot cake! I just added some grated carrots, crushed pineapple, nuts, and spices. Level the tops of each cake with a knife or cake leveler.