Monte cristo sandwich. Everywhere that I have eaten a Monte Cristo the sandwich has always been deep-fried. A perfect Monte Cristo sandwich has a few classic markers: soft white bread, thinly sliced deli ham, creamy Gruyère cheese, and a custardy egg dip before being cooked. Monte Cristo is in the top of my list when it comes to sandwiches.
The Monte Cristo Sandwich tends to vary from restaurant to restaurant. A classic Monte Cristo Sandwich should come with a side of jelly to dip it in. Yummy Swiss Cheese, Turkey, And Ham On White Bread, Fried & Topped With Powdered Sugar—Making It An Irresistible Sweet And Salty Dish. You can cook Monte cristo sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Monte cristo sandwich
- It’s 1 loaf of french bread.
- It’s 1 lbs of smoked ham deli sliced thin.
- Prepare 16 oz of package of sliced swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 box of pancake batter (add water only kind).
- It’s of Powdered sugar.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s of Toothpicks.
Assemble four sandwiches using bread, meats, and cheeses. In medium mixing bowl (I use a square casserole dish), combine egg You'LL also love. People have strong opinions about the Monte Cristo sandwich, a double-decker of Swiss cheese Some consider it a marvel; others, an absurdity. Whatever else it may be, the Monte Cristo is a.
Monte cristo sandwich step by step
- Slice the french bread in half length wise and layer ham and cheese. Cut the assembled sandwich into 2 in slices.
- Mix pancake batter according to the directions (it should be thin).
- Place the toothpicks into each slice to hold it together while cooking..
- Dip the sandwich slices into the pancake batter and cook until golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to dry and remove tooth picks. Then lightly dust with powdered sugar..
Who loves a monte cristo sandwich? Either loved or hated, this sandwich is packing some serious flavor!! This sandwich is kind of like the cilantro of the sandwich world. Because a Monte Cristo uses french toast instead of regular bread, the sandwich is often oily and Despite its elegant name, the Monte Cristo Sandwich wasn't invented on some fancy yacht in the. Monte Cristo Sandwich. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.