Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of baking soda.
- It’s of vanilla.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of shredded carrots (5 medium).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease pan with butter. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended or use a hand whisk..
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and the salt; beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots. Pour into pan..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.