Banana Bread Inspired Oatmeal. Serve the banana bread baked oatmeal immediately, or divide into six portions and refrigerate for later! Serve hot or cold, alone or topped with milk. Storing and freezing healthy banana oat bread.
Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread is enhanced with the goodness of oats for a healthy banana bread (no butter) full of banana flavor and a great chewy texture! It just might become your new favorite healthy banana bread too! This recipe is a simple five ingredient banana bread recipe that you can make with ingredients you probably have on hand in your pantry. You can have Banana Bread Inspired Oatmeal using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread Inspired Oatmeal
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Instant oats.
- You need 1 of Honey.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 medium of banana.
- It’s 1 dash of Walnuts/almonds.
This is a dense and moist bread that is mildly sweet and tastes strongly of bananas and hearty oats. Using up Brown Bananas I like this recipe for using up over ripe, brown bananas. Pecans would also be a delicious addition (this is how Jamie Oliver makes banana bread). Sift together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Banana Bread Inspired Oatmeal instructions
- Bring liquids to a boil with half of banana (mashed).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, minus the banana.
- Stir ingredients until oatmeal is cooked.
- Plate and add chopped banana to the top.
Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and milk. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine banana, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl or measuring cup. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the banana bread should come out with little to no crumb. Let it cool completely before slicing.