The Perfect Banana Bread. Follow our step-by-step how-to for perfect banana bread, then cut into thick slices and enjoy! Get the Recipe: The Best Banana Bread The Ingredients. Gather (clockwise from top left) sugar.
Banana bread is a simple, comforting treat, that's perfect for breakfast or as a snack. I love to enjoy a slice with a little soft butter and a cup of coffee or tea! It's a quick bread, which means it has more of a moist, cake-y texture, is a little sweet, and rises with the help of baking soda. You can have The Perfect Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Perfect Banana Bread
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour/ maida.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3-4 of very ripe bananas.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toasted chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Instead of. "For perfect banana bread, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until incorporated. Your batter won't be perfectly smooth, but that's okay," Wais said. In fact, you want to take great pains to avoid overmixing. "Quick bread batter does not like to be overmixed," Wais warned. I usually sub the whole wheat flour with spelt flour, no issues.
The Perfect Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep a bread loaf tin or a 8X8 inch baking tray with oil spray and dust with flour..
- The most important step in this recipe is to eliminate the excess moisture from bananas. To add intense banana flavor without the moisture (to avoid a dense cake), we place our bananas in a glass bowl and microwave them for 4-5 minutes. Then we transfer the microwaved bananas to a fine mash strainer and let the juice drain. Now transfer the liquid to a saucepan and cook over medium heat till it's reduced to 1/4th cup. Mash the banana concentrate into the bananas until it's smooth..
- Whisk melted butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla into a bowl. Pour the banana mix into this and whisk throughly. Next sieve flour, baking soda and salt into this mix and stir until combined. Gently fold in the roasted walnuts (roasting the walnuts gives it a nice crunch). Coating the chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of flour ensures that the chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom of the pan, and spread evenly in the banana bread. Fold the dusted chocolate chips into batter..
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 min. Bake until done; use a toothpick to the check the center of the loaf to see if the baking process is complete and the toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn the pan upside down into wire rack to release the cake. Let it cool further. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk or strong coffee!.
A sprinkle of turbinato sugar on top is a nice addition too. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Ripen bananas in minutes Obviously, perfectly overripe bananas are essential to the success of this quick bread.