Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread. This Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread is so delicious, moist and tender with a chocolatey and nutty flavor and wonderful aroma. Either as breakfast, dessert or mid-day snack, it will make you feel cozy and heartwarming. My daughter-in-law made this banana bread for me.
I have made this several times and it always comes. It's time to use up those frozen bananas and make the BEST banana bread ever. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. You can have Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of Cocoa powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of cinnamon powder.
- It’s of over ripe bananas, mashed.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of sour cream (or plain full fat yoghurt.
- Prepare of eggs (beaten/whisked).
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of chopped walnuts.
Banana bread is easy to make-just a few simple steps-and irresistible to eat. We recommend making a few extra loaves, wrapping in plastic, and freezing. This delicious chocolate walnut banana bread is a yummy way to use very ripe bananas that would otherwise go to waste. I love me some banana bread in the mornings with my coffee.
Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread instructions
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 Degrees Celsius. Prepare the bread tin by oiling, dusting with flour and lining it with baking paper..
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon..
- Into the mashed bananas, add sugar,the oil and eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract, whisk together until combined..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl, combine well and fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread tin and bake for 60-70 minutes depending on your oven..
- Check at 55 minutes, insert a wooden skewer or knife, if it comes out dry, your banana bread is done. Leave it to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack..
- Once cool yet a bit warm, slice it up and serve slightly warm..
- Allow it to cool down completely before storing the left overs if any😋 in an air tight container..
A little melted butter on top and I'm in breakfast heaven! Miss A and Coach definitely don't object either. 🙂. No one can resist a thick slice of freshly baked banana bread, especially when it's studded with melting chocolate chips and toasty walnuts. Dear banana bread lovers, putting chocolate chips in your banana bread is like having your bananas and chocolate go on a date. I just made a few changes.