Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- You need 2 c of flour.
- You need 1 c of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 c of oil.
- You need 2 c of grated carrots.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake instructions
- Preheat your oven to 175°c. Grease and flour your baking dish.
- In a bowl sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- Mix your dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50mins (I used my charcoal jiko).
- Let it cool in the tin for 10mins then turn on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.