Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted butter or margarine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar (half brown sugar, if desired).
- It’s 1 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Mix melted butter into bananas.
- Add in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well..
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over mixture. Stir thoroughly..
- Add flour. Stir until just moistened..
- Butter (or use cooking spray) loaf pan..
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350°F. Bread is done when a toothpick or table knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- If using prepared muffin pan, bake at 350°F for approx. 25 min..
- Cool in pans on cooling rack for 10 – 15 minutes. Loosen bread from sides with a knife, then remove from pan. Finish cooling on the rack. My family enjoys this sliced and served plain or with honey butter..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.