Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Combine milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Whisk vegetable oil, egg, milk, and applesauce together in a separate bowl until smooth, and stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until moistened.
Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk until smooth. These blueberry oatmeal muffins have a hearty, wholesome texture because they're made with oatmeal. Oats in muffins and oatmeal muffins are two completely different things. You can cook Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 medium of Banana (over-ripe, soft).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Blueberries (raw).
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of oats.
Oats are a dry ingredient; oatmeal is a wet ingredient. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well. In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine. Line muffin cups with muffin paper.
Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate Egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat egg whites separately until foamy/thick. Add brown sugar and all fruit. mix well. set aside.
- Grind raw oats until fine- flour consistency is best!.
- Combine ground oats, cinnamon, baking powder. mix well.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, honey, butter, vanilla, and egg white mixture. mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with ground oat mixture . mix well.
- DO NOT OVERMIX! will interfere with rising process (over manipulated flour doesnt rise well).
- Grease muffin tins or baking dish.
- Batter may be on the wetter side- looks something like pancake batter..
- If using muffin tins, fill to line..
- Bake for 30 mins or until done (Should be golden brown and knife should come out clean when muffin is pearced).
In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, excluding blueberries. In a blender, mix all wet ingredients. The batter could not be more simple—oatmeal, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, a little melted butter, and a touch of cinnamon—nor the result more spectacular. These blueberry muffins are fluffy, moist, and tender. You'll find them equally perfect with a cup of black coffee as they are with yogurt for an afternoon snack.