Mike's Southwestern Patty Melts. Mikes Perfect Patty Melts! – Easy Lunchtime Meals "perfect patty With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored with your midday. See more ideas about patty melt A diner classic, Patty Melts are made with very thin, oval shaped burger patties, and served on thin grilled rye bread, with caramelized onion, and Swiss cheese. Cook the patties on both sides until totally done in the middle.
Assemble the patty melts this way: Slice of bread, slice of cheese, hamburger patty, a quarter of the cooked onions, another slice of cheese and another slice of bread. Kate Upton Banned Super Bowl Commercial – The Southwest Patty Melt at Carl's Jr and Hardee's – YouTube. A patty melt is a sandwich consisting of a ground beef patty with melted cheese (traditionally Swiss Cheese) and topped with caramelized onions between two slices of griddled bread (traditionally rye or marbled rye, though sourdough or Texas toast are sometimes substituted in some regions. You can have Mike's Southwestern Patty Melts using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Southwestern Patty Melts
- It’s of ● For The Breads.
- It’s 4 Slices of Fresh Thick Slices Russian Rye Bread [slightly toasted].
- You need of ● For The Cheeses.
- It’s 4 Slices of Swiss Cheese.
- You need 4 Slices of Provolone Cheese.
- It’s of ● For The Proteins.
- You need 2 (10 oz) of 80/20 Beef Patties.
- You need of ● For The Vegetable/Burger Seasonings & Herbs.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [put in with vegetables].
- Prepare 1 Packet of Lipton Onion Soup [to be pressed on to your patties].
- It’s to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [on vegetables].
- Prepare to taste of Granulated Garlic Powder [on vegetables].
- It’s to taste of Granulated Onion Powder [on vegetables].
- It’s of ● For The Vegetables [all to be deseeded, julienned & sauteed].
- You need 2 of LG Sweet Viadalia Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Medium Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 of Medium Orange Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Medium Yellow Bell Pepper.
- You need 2 Cups of Thick Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of EX LG Jalapeno Pepper.
- You need of ● For The Oils [for frying vegetables].
- It’s as needed of Garlic Olive Oil.
- You need as needed of Salted Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Sides.
- You need of Mustard.
Contemporary fused glass art, jewelry and sculpture handcrafted by Patty Malott. Transfer patties to plate and tent with foil to keep warm. I have never made a patty melt before but what a great way to make a hamburger. I used much less chipotle than was called for and I was glad.
Mike's Southwestern Patty Melts step by step
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need. Butter, herbs and spices not pictured..
- Saute your vegetables in butter and garlic olive oil as needed..
- Add your mushrooms once vegetables are slightly translucent..
- Your Lipton coated 10 oz patties and both cheeses pictured..
- Add your coated patty to the center of your peppers and mushrooms and fry until done.
- Add all four of your cheeses, cover and steam.
- Serve with plain dry rye bread crispy steak fries. Don't worry about any dryness. The juices from your burger and your veggies will more than take care of that! Enjoy!.
Melts are sandwiches topped with melted cheese that are served open-faced or between two slices of bread. To keep the ground beef from sticking to your hands when you are working with it, wet your hands before shaping the patties. Instead of the usual hamburgers, surprise everyone with patty melts for dinner tonight. Sturdy, thick-cut bread such as sourdough can stand up to the meat and gooey Use a cast-iron pan; it's a pro at handling the heat needed to cook the patties and toast the bread. There's just something about a gooey, cheesy, buttery patty melt that hits the spot some days.