Prawn Balls & 'Harusame' Soup.
You can have Prawn Balls & 'Harusame' Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Balls & 'Harusame' Soup
- It’s 250 g of Prawns (Frozen OR Fresh).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Grated Ginger.
- You need 2 of Spring Onions *lighter colour part for Prawn Balls, green part for topping.
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg White.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of White Pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch OR Corn Starch Flour.
- You need 200 g of Dry Harusame Noodles.
- It’s of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of <Soup>.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need 4 cups of Dashi Stock *can be replaced by Chicken or Vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
Prawn Balls & 'Harusame' Soup step by step
- Mince the thawed Prawns by chopping up on a board, add Ginger, Spring Onion, Egg White, 1 pinch Salt and White Pepper, and mix to combine. Add Potato (OR Corn) Starch and mix, add extra 1 tablespoon if required, then combine well..
- Heat Dashi Stock and Sake in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil..
- Using a teaspoon, drop the prawn mixture into the boiling stock and cook until prawn balls rise to the surface. Season with Salt and Soy Sauce..
- Cook ‘Harusame’ or noodles of your choice as instructed and drain well..
- Place cooked noodles in a bowl, place some prawn balls and pour over the soup. Sprinkle some chopped Spring Onions and Toasted Sesame Seeds on top and serve..