Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Combine milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Line muffin cups with muffin paper.
Whisk vegetable oil, egg, milk, and applesauce together in a separate bowl until smooth, and stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until moistened. As the next step for these healthy blueberry oatmeal muffins, you'll whisk together white whole wheat flour (like this !) with baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (this kind is my favorite!). In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well. You can cook Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of Honey.
- It’s of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare of Banana (over-ripe, soft).
- You need of Blueberries (raw).
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of white flour.
- It’s of oats.
In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine. Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well. These blueberry oatmeal muffins have a hearty, wholesome texture because they're made with oatmeal. Oats in muffins and oatmeal muffins are two completely different things.
Whole-wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate Egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat egg whites separately until foamy/thick. Add brown sugar and all fruit. mix well. set aside.
- Grind raw oats until fine- flour consistency is best!.
- Combine ground oats, cinnamon, baking powder. mix well.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, honey, butter, vanilla, and egg white mixture. mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with ground oat mixture . mix well.
- DO NOT OVERMIX! will interfere with rising process (over manipulated flour doesnt rise well).
- Grease muffin tins or baking dish.
- Batter may be on the wetter side- looks something like pancake batter..
- If using muffin tins, fill to line..
- Bake for 30 mins or until done (Should be golden brown and knife should come out clean when muffin is pearced).
Oats are a dry ingredient; oatmeal is a wet ingredient. In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, yogurt, applesauce, oil, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk until smooth. The batter could not be more simple—oatmeal, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, a little melted butter, and a touch of cinnamon—nor the result more spectacular. These blueberry muffins are fluffy, moist, and tender.