Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of All-purpose flour.
- You need of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Baking Soda.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s of or less sugar.
- It’s of Orange zes.
- You need of orange juice.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Grated carrots.
- You need of Raisins or nuts of your choice.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees c. and prepare a 8" pan by lining it with parchment at the bottom..
- Coarsely grate carrots..
- Sift flour baking powder and baking soda together..
- In a big bowl beat egg sugar salt orange juice and zest until pale..
- Add oil slowly and beat..
- Gently fold in flour add mix carrot..
- Fold in the raisins coated with flour so that they dont sink at the bottom of the pan when baking..
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 90mins or less. Check if done 10mins to time..
- When its done and cool, frost with frosting of your choice, though it blends well with cheese cream frosting..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.