Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of Eggs.
- You need of sugar(i used 1).
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of grated carrots.
- Prepare of milk(warm).
- It’s of salt.
- You need of Tspoons cinnamon.
- You need of Tspoons baking soda.
- You need of sultanas.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Grease your baking pan(it should be large)..
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt together and then add cinnamon..
- Beat eggs and sugar together, add oil, carrots, milk and sultanas.
- Finally, add your dry ingredients to the wet ones. Mix and bake for 20 mins..
- Cool and serve with any drink of your choice.Enjoy!.
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.