Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread). With stand or hand mixer, beat together the sugar and shorteninng until light and fluffy. Beat in the bananas, pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well-combined. Beat in the cream, followed by the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves until just combined.
Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. These Pumpkin Banana Muffins are a delicious combination of two classics – pumpkin muffins and banana bread. Add chocolate chips to make them an extra delicious treat. You can have Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- It’s 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt (or sour cream) at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 large spotty ones).
- You need 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mix ins of choice -chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, etc.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Muffins made from scratch are so easy to make and they taste amazing! Add in the mashed bananas, pumpkin, egg, egg white, and vanilla and beat until thick. Add in the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined. Prepare a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If making muffins, grease a 12 count muffin tin or line with parchment liners. If making bread, grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan, letting it overhang over the sides to easily lift out the finished loaf..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder until well combined. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy, then beat in the sugar until they are combined and fluffy. Beat in the honey, eggs, yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla extract. When that is combined, mix in the mashed banana and pumpkin puree..
- Switch to a rubber spatula and add your dry ingredients to the wet. Mix with the spatula just until combined. Then fold in the mix in you are using. Do not overmix..
- If making muffins, fill up the muffin tins with batter. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 or so minutes in the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- If making bread, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the bread pan onto a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool completely..
- No matter what you decide to make, store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze for later and enjoy!.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins are easy to make and are a healthy option for breakfast or snacks. They can be made gluten-free by replacing regular flour with almond flour and healthier by adding oatmeal. If you are a chocolate lover, add some chocolate chips in the batter for an added treat. Here is how to make these from Scratch. Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread Muffins – These muffins are so moist and perfectly fall spiced from the bread to the crumb topping.