Bbq chicken pizza. Though store-bought crust is convenient, I suggest using homemade pizza dough for the BEST flavor. This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like Drizzle a bit of ranch dressing over your homemade BBQ chicken pizza after baking, or have a small. If you've ever been to California Pizza Kitchen, then chances are you know the joys of a good BBQ Chicken pizza.
This BBQ Chicken Pizza with cilantro reminds me of a pizza we used to order at a local place when we lived in California. When we moved we had to make a version of our own at home and let me tell you. My love affair with barbecue chicken pizza began long, long ago. You can have Bbq chicken pizza using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bbq chicken pizza
- It’s 2 of Boneless skinless Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 small of onion or red onion.
- You need 1 of premade pizza crust, pillsbury or the package ones are fine.
- It’s 1 cup of Barbecue sauce, i like to use bullseye sweet and sticky.
- You need 2 tsp of Honey.
- You need 2 tsp of Brown or yellow sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil or margarine to Grease.
Of course it all started with the famous pie at California Pizza Kitchen, or "CPK," as us in the biz call it. (And by "biz," I mean "high. BBQ chicken pizza is practically a certified American classic. Combine a whole wheat pizza crust, homemade clean BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, sliced red onions, and fresh cilantro for the Best BBQ Chicken Pizza ever! Healthy, colorful, and full of BBQ flavor!
Bbq chicken pizza instructions
- Cut chicken onto small pieces.
- Mince onion into small bits or in chunks as preferred.
- Mix together, barbecue sauce, honey, chili powder, basil and sugar until smooth.
- Spread new sauce on pizza crust.
- Throw remaining sauce in with the chicken and toss so the chicken is covered in sauce.
- Spread chicken on pizza.
- Spread onion on pizza.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake as instructed for the crust and enjoy.
This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. It's great and really different from your traditional pizza. This BBQ chicken pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Are you a pizza lover like me? A copycat of the California Pizza Kitchen pizza, this BBQ Chicken Pizza is sure to be a crowd pleaser made at home!