Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- You need of carrots, peeled and grated.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of canola oil.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of milk.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C..
- Take your mixing bowl crack your eggs, pour your sugar, add the grated carrots and add your oil stir and add the spices..
- Then sift the flour then pour it over the mixture then mix and as the start batter starts to thicken then add milk then the batter becomes loose then prepare your baking pans. I have small loaf pan I suspect they make have loafs so I lightly grease them then pour in the batter..
- Then decrease the heat of the oven to 180 degrees C then place the pans in the oven to bake..
- After 30 minutes the first pan it's out nearly burnt it but still looks and smells divine.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.