Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- It’s of flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of grated carrot.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.
Carrot cake instructions
- Sift flour,baking powder,bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Stir in sugar.beat eggs and oil together.add egg mixture and carrot to the dry ingredients,stirring until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray press flat and leave to stand for 5minutes.
- Bake at 180'c for 35min or until lightly touched.
- Leave to cool and cut it.
Allow the cake(s) to cool completely before frosting. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing.