Beet Brownies. Beet Brownies are a decadent brown butter brownie recipe with a smooth buttermilk roasted beet puree mixed into the batter. These beet brownies are easy to make and will be a hit for any brownie lover. It was my friend Shashi of Savory Spin who inspired these brownies.
These Easy Beet Brownies are amazingly moist and delicious. These brownies are so moist and chocolatey that you might have to put them behind lock and key or they won't last a day! Beet Brownies are a decadent brown butter brownie recipe with a smooth buttermilk roasted beet puree mixed into the batter. You can have Beet Brownies using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beet Brownies
- You need 2 cups of grated beets (about two large beets).
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of organic vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of organic maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa nibs.
As mentioned, this beet brownie recipe is whole food plant-based and therefore does not contain any refined oils or sugar. Instead, you'll find only whole and healthy. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen. Love 'em or hate 'em — beets are a surprisingly delicious way to amp up a classic brownie recipe.
Beet Brownies instructions
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1 cup of chopped semi-sweet chocolate with 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/8tsp cayenne pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Whisk 3 eggs, 1 cup of maple syrup, and 2 tsp organic vanilla.
- Fold flour mixture, cocoa nibs, and beets into wet mixture until combined.
- Pour into a 8×8 greased baking dish. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into centre, if it comes out clean, it's done..
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Rate Recipe. These Gluten-Free Beet Brownies are dense and packed with chocolate, you'd never guess there are beets in them! The brownies actually still have a fudgy taste to them and are quite addictive! So go ahead and try these super easy and guilt-free brownies. Aside from the beets this is a basic brownie recipe, with rich dark cocoa powder, egg, sugar, and If using wheat flour, all purpose flour will work.