Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup.
You can have Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 lb of chicken, legs, wings, drumsticks, or chicken thighs with bone.
- It’s 8-10 slices of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 bottle of Taiwanese rice wine (michiu), ~ 400ml.
- Prepare 1/2 bottle of water, ~ 400ml.
Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup step by step
- Thinly slice the ginger. It’s better to leave the skin on because it gives more flavor but make sure to rinse the ginger very well before cutting..
- Chop the chicken into smaller pieces. If you use small chicken parts like wings or legs you can skip this step. Make sure to use the bottom tip of the cleaver where there’s more force to get a clean chop. Rinse and pat dry the chicken before cooking..
- In a wok or pan, add 4 tbsp of black sesame oil..
- Add the ginger slices and fry them at low heat until the skin looks wrinkled and dried up. At this point, the ginger flavor is completely infused in the sesame oil.
- Next, add the chicken. Raise the heat to high and fry until it is no longer pink..
- When the chicken is no longer pink, add in ½ bottle of rice wine and ½ bottle of water. Give it a good stir..
- Close the lid and let it simmer between 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 15 minutes, the chicken should be cooked thru completely. Chicken should naturally be slightly salty so I never add salt to this dish but feel free to add salt if needed. Sometimes I add dried Goji berries sparingly to add sweetness to this dish. Just add it toward the end of cooking..
- You can enjoy the sesame oil chicken by itself, serve it with steamed rice or make noodle soup. To make the noodle soup, prepare the noodle per instruction on the package. Place noodle into your serving bowl and pour the sesame oil chicken soup over. Traditionally, a thin noodle called Misua is used but you can use any other thin noodle. Make sure to use gluten-free noodle if you have gluten allergy..