Jamaican style Banana Bread. Add flour to sugar mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Banana bread remains one of Jamaica's favourite pastries! It's truly a mouth-watering Jamaican dessert that has been passed down from generation to generation.
It's an unforgettable recipe with the tangy lime glaze balancing the sweet bread. Don't let the long ingredient list fool you; many are repeated ingredients that are mixed in the bread and then used to top the bread with a glaze that puts drizzled powdered sugar and milk to shame. Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla, beat until blended. You can have Jamaican style Banana Bread using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican style Banana Bread
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 of Ripe Bananas.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Optional Ingredients.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Rasins or Walnuts (or other nut of your choice).
Add flour mixture,beat at low speed just until moist. Cream Grace Hello Margarine and granulated sugar, add beaten egg and vanilla. Mash ripe bananas and add to the above mixture. #besthomemadebananabreadrecipe #jamaicanfood #authentic #jamaicanbananabreadrecipe #easiestwaytomake #moistbananabread #theperfectjamaicanbananabreadrecipe #. Cream butter and granulated sugar, add beaten egg and vanilla.
Jamaican style Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Cream Butter and Sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Egg, and mix well.
- Add Crushed Bananas to mixture and blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt.
- Add Flour mixture to the Banana mixture, along with the Milk and Vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the optional ingredients you have choosen.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour or until done.
Mash ripe bananas and add to the mixture. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, adding alternately with mashed banana mixture. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe + Larger Image.