Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can cook Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 4 of bananas (smashed).
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With a wooden spoon mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last.
- Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour then cool on a rack.
- You can always add walnuts as well, sometimes I'll add raisins and sprinkle the top with oats.
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.