Simple carrot cake. Combine the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, oil. With an electric mixer beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the carrots and the walnuts.
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. You can have Simple carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple carrot cake
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of carrots.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Add raising and currants.
Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. According to food historians, carrot cake is probably a variation of the carrot puddings that were popular in Medieval Europe. Since sugar and other sweeteners were precious at that time, enterprising cooks used the naturally sweet root vegetable as delicious substitute sweetener in many versions of a simple carrot cake recipe. In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar.
Simple carrot cake instructions
- Add sugar gradually, whisk till thick.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk till foamy.
- Add the cooking oil in bits.
- Add the flour mixture, this is tte mix if flour, cinnamon, baking powder,salt and baking soda. Sieve this ingredient and mix with a wooden spoon in one direction..
- Add the grated carrots and raising maybe nuts too.
- Pour it in your baking tray and bake for about 30-45 mins at 180°.
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Stir in carrots, coconut, vanilla, and pineapple. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gently stir into carrot mixture. Fold in carrots and chopped nuts until well blended. Carrot Cake is such a classic, especially this time of year with Easter approaching.