Taiwanese-Style Homemade Chicken Soup Stock.
You can have Taiwanese-Style Homemade Chicken Soup Stock using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese-Style Homemade Chicken Soup Stock
- Prepare 1/2 lb of chicken bones.
- Prepare 1 of medium-size carrot.
- It’s 1/2 of large daikon radish.
- You need 2 leaves of cabbage.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery.
- You need 3-4 pieces of dried fruit, (apple, persimmon, peach, pineapple, etc.).
- It’s 15 cups of water.
Taiwanese-Style Homemade Chicken Soup Stock step by step
- For daikon radish, carrot and celery, you will be cutting them into big chunks. Make sure you peel the daikon and carrot skin before cutting..
- With cabbage leaves, you want to tear them into smaller pieces..
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. When water starts to boil, add the chicken bones and blanch for about 2 minutes. Blanching the bones before making the soup stock will help get rid of impurities from the bones..
- When the time is up, turn off the heat. Drain out the water and rinse the chicken bones..
- In a clean pot, add 15 cups of water and bring it to a boil..
- When water starts to boil, add the blanched chicken bones, daikon, carrot, celery, cabbage, and dried pineapple. Give the pot a quick stir. Bring everything to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, cover the pot and lower the heat to medium-high heat. Continue to cook for another 45 minutes..
- You can add some salt to taste or leave it as is and season it later when you use the soup stock for other recipes. Make sure to take out the bones and veggies before storing your soup stock. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or freeze the soup stock so it can last longer..