Oaty Banana Pancakes. These healthy pancakes are made with bananas, eggs, almond milk (or any milk), vanilla extract, gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. They're very fluffy, naturally sweet thanks to the ripe bananas. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
Serve with syrup and, if desired, banana slices. In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt. Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. You can cook Oaty Banana Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oaty Banana Pancakes
- It’s 1 of really ripe banana.
- It’s 50-75 g of oats (depending on whether you want thick or thinner pancakes- I use about 60-70g).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Greek Yogurt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt (optional).
In another, smallish, bowl gently whisk the egg then add the cinnamon and baking powder. Stir the egg mixture in with the banana. Add a ladle of batter per pancake to a heated pan and cook until golden brown, turning when the edges of the pancakes look set. Serve warm with greek yoghurt, fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup (optional).
Oaty Banana Pancakes step by step
- Mash the banana, add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, egg and yogurt. I used a defrosted banana that I’d mashed and frozen..
- Whizz the whole lot together with a hand blender then let it stand for 10 minutes. That lets the oats soften a bit and the baking powder starts to work..
- Heat a little butter or/and oil in a frying pan and dollop a spoonful of the mixture in. Flatten a bit. I get 3 together in my pan..
- Turn over after about 2 minutes to cook the other side..
- Serve with your choice of topping. Berries, maple syrup, chocolate spread. I usually have 2 or 3. This makes about 6 pancakes the size of a mug of tea!.
A super quick recipe without flour or added sugar. These pancakes make an easy breakfast or anytime snack. Thorough whisk together the dry ingredients before pouring the well mixed wet ingredients. This allows for a much smoother transition of ingredients. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes have become a staple in our home.