skye's rich and moist banana bread. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
This recipe needs no improvement but it's nice to add a sprinkle of brown sugar on the top before baking… really adds a little extra without being too sweet. You can change the shape and still use the same recipe. I actually use this recipe to make muffins. You can cook skye's rich and moist banana bread using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of skye's rich and moist banana bread
- Prepare 4 medium of ripe bananas, mashed.
- You need 1/3 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of regular sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas with sugar, vegetable oil, almond milk and almond flour. Even when you follow all the tips mentioned above, banana bread tends to dry out when storing it overnight. Here are some storage tips to keep your banana bread moist and delicious: Allow your banana bread to cool on a cooling rack or a plate before refrigerating it. Slice your bread in thick and even slices.
skye's rich and moist banana bread instructions
- this recipe will make one bundt "cake" pan or 2 loaf pans of banana bread.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- grease and flour your pan(s), bottom and sides.
- hand mix in a large bowl – bananas, shortening, applesauce, sugars, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- add – flour (2 cups), baking powder and baking soda. stir well..
- add – milk in gradually. then throw nuts in with remaining flour..
- bake on center rack for 45 – 60 minutes… or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. being careful not to over-bake..
- let cool completely on a cooling rack..
- slice… eat plain as is. or… top with a simple powdered sugar drizzle, whipped cream, or even a small scoop of vanilla ice cream..
- for the powdered sugar drizzle, what you will need is 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1-2 tsp vanilla, and 2-3 tbsp milk. whisk together. .. and then using a fork… "drizzle" it over top of your bread..
Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Add the baking soda and flour. Most of the banana cake is using vegetable oil in it. I am glad that I have found the best, moist, soft and delicious banana cake (Banana bread) recipe ever! I have plan to make an individual mini loaf banana bread as a gift to my friends soon.