Carrot Cake Coffee Cake. Carrot Cake is one of our popular medium-roast coffee. Explore our huge variety of flavors today. A super easy batter loaded with shredded carrots, topped with a thick crumbly cinnamony streusel, and finished with a melty sweet honey butter.
Why choose one when you could have both? You can't have coffee cake without crumble topping. The cake is filled with the flavor of carrot cake. You can have Carrot Cake Coffee Cake using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- You need of Cake Batter:.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 1/2 cups).
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of Streusel Topping:.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
The carrots give the proper texture and the cinnamon adds that telltale carrot cake flavor. You can add nuts to your streusel topping, and if you're so inclined, throw some raisins in the cake. Carrot cake meets coffee cake, and together they are a beautifully tasty concoction you won't be able to resist. A delicious carrot cake base, cream cheese center, and crumb topping.
Carrot Cake Coffee Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" cake pan and set it aside. In a small bowl, make the streusel by stirring the melted butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together with a fork until it is combined and crumbly. Then stir in the chopped nuts. Set this mixture aside..
- For the cake batter, start by whisking together the melted butter, both sugars and eggs until combined. Then fold in the carrots. Next add in both of the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Fold the batter together until it is just combined..
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan and crumble the streusel mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 30 or so minutes, until the center is just set. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let it cool a bit before slicing and serving..
I am a huge fan of coffee cake, even as a non-coffee drinker, I love the idea of a piece of cake with my morning beverage. Carrot Cake Coffee Cake is a delicious combo of carrot cake, coffee cake, and a cheesecake. Moist and flavorful carrot cake topped with a cheesecake layer and crunchy cinnamon streusel crumb topping is perfect for Easter brunch or any spring breakfast or snack. Beat eggs with sugar in a large bowl until very light. In another large bowl, combine or sift flour with baking powder, soda,cinnamon, nutmeg& allspice.