Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (wheat and eggless). If you are not convinced about vegan baking and still have doubts about how it tastes, then do try this vegan carrot cake with vegan cream cheese frosting and be prepared to be blown away! Both the cake and the cream cheese frosting turned out to be DELICIOUS! Everybody at the birthday party enjoyed this cake very much.
Carrot cake is a deliciously moist cake made with fresh carrots, flavored with spices and topped with cream cheese frosting and nuts. It's a perfect cake to make for the kids birthday or any special occasion. This simple carrot cake recipe is eggless and uses oil and curd (plain yogurt) to get the perfectly moist texture. You can have Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (wheat and eggless) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (wheat and eggless)
- You need 1cup+ 2 tbsps of whole wheat flour *.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 large pinch of nutmeg powder (optional) *.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s r ¼ cup)* ½ cup + 2 tbsps of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup+ 2 tbsp of warm milk or 90 ml.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar) *.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of carrot grated very finely.
- Prepare of For frosting *.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream cheese or homemade paneer (refer instructions to make) *.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter softened *.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of sugar powdered *.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of nuts finely chopped.
My choice of frosting for carrot cake would be a cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake and cream cheese frosting is such a classic combination. But to be honest, this eggless carrot cake tastes incredible with cream-cheese frosting or white chocolate ganache. If you feel like sticking to basics, make the vanilla bean butter cream.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (wheat and eggless) step by step
- Grease a 6 inch pan and line it. Preheat the oven to 170 C for at least 15 mins. * Mix together milk, vinegar, sugar, vanilla & oil. Stir well until uniform & sugar dissolves completely. * Sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Mix well..
- Stir the milk mixture well and pour to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Ensure there are no lumps.Add the grated carrots & mix gently until just combined. * Tap the cake pan twice to the kitchen counter and bake for 28 to 30 mins. Cool the cake pan before applying icing.
- Frosting (optional) * Add the cheese and butter to a mixing bowl. Whisk it well until smooth. * Then add powdered sugar and beat until smooth, light, fluffy & creamy. It should be thick & of spreading consistency. #carrotcake.
Line the baking tray with baking paper. I used a small loaf pan and a round pan to bake. Whisk together all the dry ingredients all purpose flour,sugar,baking soda,baking powder,cinnamon powder and salt. This eggless carrot cake is soft, tender, perfectly moist and its sweet and balanced spice flavor is perfect. The velvety cream cheese frosting and crunchy walnuts are the perfect finishing touch.