Chicken & Vegetable Vermicelli Soup – Sotanghon / Glass Noodle Soup.
You can cook Chicken & Vegetable Vermicelli Soup – Sotanghon / Glass Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Vegetable Vermicelli Soup – Sotanghon / Glass Noodle Soup
- It’s of Chicken – chopped or shredded or your favorite parts.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of vermicelli / bihon / thin glass noodles / cellophane noodles – already softened.
- You need 3-4 cups of water or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of chicken broth cube (if not using liquid broth).
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need Handful of Carrots, julienned.
- Prepare of Few leaves of Cabbage, julienne then chop.
- You need of Moringa drumsticks, peeled (optional).
- Prepare Handful of green beans, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of fish sauce (patis).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- You need of Top with Garnish: (optional).
- Prepare of Boiled egg, halved or quartered.
- Prepare of Fried chopped garlic.
- Prepare of Chopped green onions.
Chicken & Vegetable Vermicelli Soup – Sotanghon / Glass Noodle Soup instructions
- Saute the garlic and onions in oil..
- Add the chicken, frozen is okay. Run it through the tap first before adding to the pot..
- Add a few tablespoons water, a good amount of salt and cover. Turn chicken, to cook on all sides, until it changes color..
- Add the chicken broth or water+broth cube. You can already add the hard vegetables. I added the drumstick seeds and green beans. Bring to a boil..
- Add the fish sauce or patis. Add the rest of the vegetables and the noodles. The noodles should be pre-softened before adding here. Bring to a boil, taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Turn off heat and serve immediately. Garnish with toppings. Note: the noodles may/will absorb most of the soup if not consumed right away. ☺️.