Cold fighting chicken soup.
You can have Cold fighting chicken soup using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold fighting chicken soup
- It’s of Stock.
- You need of Whole chicken small to medium.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 5 cups of water.
- You need 5 of dried red chili’s.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 10 of pepper corns (I had red Szechuan peppercorn).
- Prepare 6 of whole garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of yellow onion halved.
- Prepare 2 of carrots quartered.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks quartered.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of lemongrass paste.
- You need 1 of thumb fresh grated ginger.
- You need of Soup.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 4 of carrots sliced.
- Prepare 1 of parsnip sliced.
- You need 4 of celery stalks diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 of thumb of fresh ginger minced.
- You need 1 of large or 2 small green onion diced.
- You need 1 Tbls of lemongrass paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbls of ground turmeric.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
Cold fighting chicken soup step by step
- Add all the stock ingredients in a soup pot, heat on med high heat, covered for an hour or until chicken thigh temp reads 165 degrees..
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove and let cool. While chicken is cooling strain the stock from the veggies. Set stock aside. Dump veggies..
- When the chicken is cooled, pull all the meat from the fat and bones. Add pulled chicken back to stock and put on medium heat. Add the rest all of the ingredients and cook till veggies are tender..
- I served this over a separately cooked couscous..
- Enjoy and be well.