The best meatloaf ever. Easy recipe for the best homemade meatloaf ever! Made with ground beef, bread crumbs, and a sweet and tangy ketchup based glaze topping. This was absolutely the best meatloaf I have ever made, or had for that matter, in my life.
I really wanted to love Chrissy Teigen's meatloaf. I was excited that she uses a mix of Italian sausage and ground beef, which I assumed would mean a lot more flavor. But also, the bacon over the top versus a ketchup glaze will add extra pounds. You can have The best meatloaf ever using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The best meatloaf ever
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of onion sliced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of baguette bread chopped up for bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bbq sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 15 of ritz crackers.
- Prepare 30 of swiss cheese crackers.
- You need 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of tomato sliced.
- It’s 4 of THE SAUCE.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 6 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 of worcestershire sauce.
I mean moisture to the meatloaf as well! This recipe can EASILY be doubled or even tripled and cooked for a whole ton of people! The meatloaf is versatile as well. Change your everyday meatloaf up with different seasoning or herb blends or use a combination of meats.
The best meatloaf ever instructions
- In a medium size bowl add your beef and chopped onions.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon onion powder and the bbq sauce parmesan cheese and put aside.
- In a small bowl add your bread crumbs milk tomato juice 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and mix it together.
- Add your bread mix to your meat crush your ritz crackers and swiss cheese crackers and mix together.
- Line a loaf pan with tin foil add your beef mix in it.
- In a medium sized bowl take the ketchup brown sugar mustard vinegar and worcestershire sauce and mix it together.
- Add some sauce on top of your meat loaf and spread it around.
- Take your sliced tomatoes and layer over top followed by the onions then sprinkle some black pepper.
- Add the rest of your sauce on top and bake in a preheated oven @ 350 for 1 hour and 10 minute …take out of oven remove from foil to a plate slice and serve enjoy :).
And it's easy to sneak veggies into a meatloaf mixture. Grate carrots finely and throw them into the meat mixture; they add both nutrients and slightly sweet flavor. I have been on a mission for some healthy quick and easy meals! James Grandma has this awesome recipe for meatloaf but it involved potato chips and brown. Our best meatloaf recipe gets exceptional flavor and moistness from a can of tomato soup and onion soup mix.