My banana bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Banana bread should form a crack down the center as it bakes–a sign the baking soda is doing its job. Serve toasted with a smear of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or peanut and top with mixed nuts, if desired. You can cook My banana bread using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My banana bread
- You need 1 cup of Mashed ripe bananas (3-4).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Buttermilk or substitute.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped pecans or chocolate chips.
You can even customize your bread with a crunchy streusal topping that the kids will love. This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread. Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?
My banana bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- If you don't have buttermilk, add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the milk, stir and let stand a few minutes.
- Combine the butter, oil and sugar: Whisk or beat together the melted butter, oil and sugar in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the eggs: Whisk until completely combined and the mixture is smooth..
- Add the milk and vanilla: Whisk the milk and vanilla into the batter..
- Add banana to mixture and stir.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into wet ingredients. Mix until flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Stir in nuts or chocolate.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Or makes 12-16 muffins.. Bakes for 20-25 minutes.
The key to moist banana bread is in the details. For starters, you'll want to make sure your bananas are really ripe. They should have lots of dark spots on the skin and feel soft to the touch. Using a firm, yellow banana will yield a good banana flavor, but not the desired texture. Cool completely on a wire rack.