Chocolate Brownies. A chocolate brownie or simply a brownie is a square or rectangular chocolate baked confection. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
For a well-balanced brownie, don't forget the salt. Chocolate brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle and this simple chocolate brownies recipe tells you exactly when it's time to take the brownies out of the oven to make them just right. An easy chocolate brownie recipe that's simple to make and tastes fantastic. You can cook Chocolate Brownies using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Brownies
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 80 grams of 70% Dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of light corn syrup, blended with 3 tablespoons lukewarm wate.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts optional.
It's everything you want in a brownie – fudgy, dark and chocolatey. Brownies have so much going for them; great flavor, easy to make, and so versatile. The simplest brownies are made with just melted. There's nothing wrong with being a purist, especially when it comes to your brownies.
Chocolate Brownies instructions
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, letting it overhang on two opposing sides. Coat with cooking spray..
- Sift flour, confectioners’ sugar and cocoa together into a small bowl. Combine the 3 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate and oil in a heavy medium saucepan; place over the lowest heat, stirring, until just melted and smooth, being very careful the chocolate does not overheat. Remove from the heat and stir in granulated sugar, corn syrup mixture, vanilla and salt until the sugar dissolves. Vigorously stir in egg until smoothly incorporated. Gently stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and the remaining 2 1/2 ounces chopped chocolate just until well blended. Turn out the batter into the pan, spreading evenly..
- Bake the brownies until almost firm in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out with some moist batter clinging to it, 20 to 24 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 1/2 hours..
- Using the overhanging foil as handles, carefully lift the brownie slab from the pan. Peel the foil from the bottom; set the slab right-side up on a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, trim off any dry edges. Mark and then cut the slab crosswise into fifths and lengthwise into fourths. Wipe the blade with a damp cloth between cuts..
The fudgiest chocolate brownies you've ever made PLUS they only require a few pantry staples and one bowl to make? After testing many, MANY (and I mean MANY). No need for fancy gluten-free flours. These brownies are dense and fudgy, deep-dish, and decadent with a high fat (butter & chocolate) to flour ratio. Espresso powder and an infusion cardamom seeds lends a Turkish coffee flavor profile.