Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 cup of ripe banana (mashed).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped nuts or dried cranberries (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mini chocolate or peanut butter chips (optional).
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- Line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment or wax paper, or grease lightly with oil..
- Preheat oven to 350º. Combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Slowly stir in dry mixture, just until moist. Mix in nuts/berries/chocolate chips..
- Pour mixture into lined/greased bread pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes..
- You can substitute sugar and milk for an extra banana and unsweetened apple juice. Feel free to experiment!.
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.