Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bi carbonate soda.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake step by step
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Beat the eggs add vannila essence add sugar and butter for about a minute and a half.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gently mix Don't over mix then finally add your blended/granted carrots and gently mix using a spatula.
- Bake for 30 min at 180°.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.