Rich carrot cake. Cool the carrot cake on a wire rack. Fold walnuts or coconut into cream cheese frosting. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those light, fluffy versions, but I crave the dark, flavorful version full of texture and spices. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth! This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! You can have Rich carrot cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rich carrot cake
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of sugar (dependent on your sweet tooth).
- You need 2 cups of grated carrots.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sour milk, put 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of mixed spices.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisings.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Mixed peel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking power.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. The natural sweetness and beautiful color of carrots make them the star ingredient in this easy carrot cake recipe. This homemade carrot cake is crowned with an irresistibly sweet-and-tangy cream cheese frosting. Substitute Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting instead.
Rich carrot cake instructions
- Grease & align baking tin with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices & salt.
- Combine well the sour milk, eggs & oil. Add vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix carrots with sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the carrot mixture.
- Add in the flour mixture & add the fruits.
- Put in the baking tin.
- Bake in the middle rack at 180 degrees. 45 -50 mins or until ready(put in a toothpick in the middle of the Cake. If baked the toothpick comes out clean. Also you can tell when you see the sides of the cake pulling away from the tin. However, ensure you don't overbake).
- Finally you can add frosting (cream) to your cake or dust some icing sugar over it or simply eat as it is. For the baking tin, you can also choose to bake in a bread tin. Below is my frosted cake.
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.