Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of Margarine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, one at a time.
- It’s 1 cup of Ripe bananas mashed (2 bananas).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of Walnuts chopped.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread instructions
- In a large bowl cream together margarine and sugar..
- Add eggs, one at a time..
- Add mashed bananas and water and beat until smooth..
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda..
- Pour flour mix into wet mix and beat gently only until smooth..
- Add walnuts and bake in a sprayed 9x5x3 pan. In a preheated 350 oven for an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean..
- To make muffins, pour into muffin pan lined with papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.