Best-Ever Banana Bread. This was the BEST bread EVER! In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
Mix the mashed bananas with your eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. You can have Best-Ever Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best-Ever Banana Bread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or margarine,softened.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium).
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk or milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped nuts, if desired.
This is the only banana bread recipe you'll ever need. This recipe makes the best banana bread ever – seriously. It is so tender, so rich in banana flavor and so, so easy to make. You don't even need an electric mixer – just a fork to mash the bananas and a wooden spoon to mix the batter together.
Best-Ever Banana Bread instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F . Grease bottoms only of 2 (8×4-inch)loaf pans or 1 (9×5-inch)loaf pan..
- In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add eggs,bananas,buttermilk and vanilla ; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.Stir in flour,baking soda,salt and nuts just until moistened. Pour batter into pans..
- Bake 8-inch loaves 1hour,9-inch loaf 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour before slicing..
- High Altitude (3500-6500ft): Increase flour to 2 3/4 cups. In step 1,heat oven to 375°F. In step2,add 1/4 cup water with buttermilk. Bake 8-inch loaves about 1hour 5minutes,9-inch loaf about 1hour 30 minutes..
In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. We wanted great banana bread, the won't-last-til-morning, bake-for-any-and-every-occasion kind. We wanted a moist, tender loaf chock full of pure banana flavor with a gentle sweetness. Very moist and it freezes well. Anyway you slice it, my go-to recipe for banana bread.