Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. A pleasingly moist cake, this treat is the one I requested that my mom make each year for my birthday. It's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffy buttery frosting is scrumptious with chopped walnuts stirred in.
In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, buttermilk and vanilla. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar. You can cook Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- You need of Cake:.
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted butter.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 package of matchstick carrots, chopped (or 2 cups grated).
- Prepare 8 oz of can crushed pineapple.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of \2 cup softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of confectioner sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
Cream cheese frosting is the absolute best frosting for carrot cake. The slight tang of cream cheese frosting compliments this spiced carrot cake perfectly. I like my cream cheese frosting to be heavy on the cream cheese and not overly sweet. This recipe calls for two sticks of cream cheese and only one stick of butter, so the cream cheese.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting instructions
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Blend in oil, sugar and eggs.
- Beat until well blended.
- Mix in carrots, pineapple with juice, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into 2 greased 9" cake pans or a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until very well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar in small increments, scraping sides and bottom of mixer frequently.
- If you like a lot of frosting between layers you may want to double the recipe. A single recipe is perfect for a bundt.
- Garnish with toasted chopped walnuts.
Carrot cake just isn't carrot cake without the pairing of cream cheese frosting. This cream cheese frosting recipe is fool-proof, light and creamy, and compliments the cake flavors perfectly. Sometimes carrot cake can be dense and dull, but this carrot cake recipe makes the most moist, light and flavorful carrot cake, EVER. The tangy cream cheese frosting is a perfect compliment! THE CAKE: This carrot cake recipe is based on these Mini Brown Sugar Pound Cakes I shared back in December.