Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. You can have Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 3-4 of bananas, mashed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (325 for glass pan).
- Beat sugar with butter.
- Add eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- Separately combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture and mix (don’t overmix).
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 350 degrees fahrenheit for 55 mins (325 for 70 minutes in glass).
The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined.