High altitude banana bread. Since we live in Colorado, I am always on the lookout for high-altitude bread recipes. Much easier than worrying about conversions or hoping that a recipe designed for sea-level will turn out! Banana bread is one of those tried and true recipes that gets made time and time again.
Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, stir until just combined. How to make banana bread at high altitude. High Altitude Banana Bread. "There is one extraordinary ingredient that goes into everything I cook and bake. You can cook High altitude banana bread using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of High altitude banana bread
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of very ripe bananas.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of flour.
- You need of sea salt.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of cinnamon (optional).
Please, do not forget this ingredient Due to the fact that I have received many e-mails and verbal compliments raving about the moist flavor of this bread, I felt that I needed to share it with you. Home recipes > Main Ingredients > Fruits, Vegetables and Other Produce > Cheryl's High Altitude Banana Nut Bread Recipe. This recipe was handed down from my Mother many years ago. I altered it to adjust for the High Altitude I live in (Colorado).
High altitude banana bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- combine butter, eggs, sugar, and mashed bananas in bowl..
- combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in another bowl..
- mix wet and dry ingredients together until well blended..
- you can add optional ingredients (chopped nuts, dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips), stir in about 1/2 cup here..
- pour dough into one greased 9X5 inch loaf pan..
- bake at 350°F for 50 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- let bread cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing..
- enjoy hot or cold..
Banana bread was one of the first baked goods I learned to make. Without the modifications, banana bread will sink in the middle and sometimes remain soggy in there, too. While three bananas work well at much lower altitude, they make the bread overly mushy at altitude. So, I reduced the number of bananas to two and used less baking powder as well. View top rated High altitude banana bread recipes with ratings and reviews.