Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread. Add egg, oil, milk, sugar, and salt to the mashed bananas. Grandma's Banana Bread is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. The recipe is very straightforward and we've had some lovely stories and feedback from you saying you've baked Grandma's Banana Bread with your son/daughter and they've enjoyed mixing the ingredients and of course, enjoyed eating their creation too.
This week, I have Mary K. Grandma's Best Ever Banana Bread is my mother-in-law's famous recipe that's everything you want in a banana bread: moist, tender, delicious and slathered with a luscious cream cheese frosting. This buttery, moist bread is quick and easy to make needing only one bowl. You can have Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter or margarin.
- You need 2 large of eggs, slightly beaten.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 medium of very ripe banana's.. u can use 5 bananas if u like.. I do.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract or for extra banana flavor instead use banana extract..
- You need 3 tbsp of sour milk or buttermilk.
Loaded with two cups of mashed banana this bread is the best use for those ripe bananas on the counter! Nothing is more comforting than a loaf of warm, fresh, homemade banana bread. She made old fashioned banana bread. It wasn't eggless, like the trend is now.
Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread instructions
- preheat oven to 350°.
- mix all ingredients in a large bowl..
- grease and flour a large loaf pan..
- pour mix into said loaf pan about 3/4 full..
- let stand about 15 min. to let air bubbles rise up..
- bake for about 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean..
- serve.. u can serve warm with butter if u like..
- TIP: I like to cut mine in cubes and put into a server tray for easy on the go bite size pieces or for a party…
- tip: sometimes I add a 1/2tsp of cinnamon to the batch for a little something extra…
- tip: in this recipe u can add nuts, dried cherries, craisins, raisins or chocolate chips.. about 1 cup should do ya.. just mix in batter by hand just before pouring into bread pans..
- HINT: to bake in regular sized cupcake tins.. line with paper or spray with baking spray… fill 2/3 of the way and bake for about 20-25 min or until set and toothpick comes out clean..
This is one of those recipes that is so simple yet so amazingly good, that you keep thinking there has to be more to it. It's hard to mess up sweet breads like this, but this is the best of the best. There is something magic in its simple. The recipe hasn't changed- it's still perfect! I will say that I've […] This old fashioned banana bread is so easy and is made with sour cream and brown sugar—tastes just like Grandma's banana bread!