Beetroot pancake. This is a simple and tasty variation on a South African dessert favorite, pancakes with cinnamon sugar. The beet adds a delicious natural sweetness and flavor, and the resulting red color makes this a delight to present to the table. Beetroot Pancakes are soft, delicious and healthy and is perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Place the chopped beetroot in a baking dish, together with a couple of tablespoons of cold water. Check the beetroot a couple of times, adding more water so that they don't dry out. Combine oats, baking powder, and salt to a high-speed blender. You can have Beetroot pancake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beetroot pancake
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of maida.
- You need 1 of small riped and mashed banana.
- You need of milk to adjust consistency.
- You need 2 tsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated beetroot.
Blend until oats become a fine powder. Pour the oat flour mixture into a bowl and set aside. In the now empty blender, combine remaining ingredients (beets, egg, oil, yogurt, vanilla, syrup, applesauce). Preparation Combine the dry ingredients (flour through salt on the above list) in a small bowl and set aside.
Beetroot pancake step by step
- In a bowl add egg and mashed banana and whisk it add grated beetroot.
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients(maida,sugar,baking powder) and mix it well.
- Add dry ingredients in liquid mixture and mix it and add milk to make it slight runny batter of pancakes.
- Pour the batter on hot tawa and cook it by flipping on either side.
- Healthy…yummy…tasty pancake is ready to serve…
Combine the beet puree with the other wet ingredients in a larger bowl. Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Red Beet Pancakes came to me courtesy of my husband. My better half has discovered a passion for cooking. For me, this newfound culinary obsession of his is both a blessing and a curse.